Sunday, October 21, 2012

Chapter Seven: Post Three


3). Pick one concept or idea from this week's assigned reading and discuss it.  Be sure to relate the concept/idea to your personally by using examples from your life and/or experiences.

To address this question, I decided to discuss hyperstress. Reading about this concept almost made me laugh because even right this moment, I am experiencing hyperstress, which occurs when we are overloaded with so many responsibilities that we are unable to keep up with them all. In my life, the major contributors to my hyperstess are school, my house, and my day-to-day responsibilities as a parent. After I finish this post, I have many other chores waiting for my attention. One of the positive feature of hyperstess is that it goes away after the causes have been eliminated.  I often feel immediate relief after I have accomplished all of the responsibilities that I have for any given period of time. Unfortunately, it is usually short-lived. That being said, I have also experienced overblown conflict and have over-reacted to conflicts in the past. Luckily, I am always conscious of the fact that I am over-reacting because I am stressed out, which helps me to retain a more grounded perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment